Saturday 19 February 2011

My very first Friday Night Sew In

Thank God It's Friday. I'm joining FNSI for the first time. This one is hosted by the lovely Bobby from
Crafty Vegas Mom. I'm ready to spend a good time sewing along with 170 sewing and blogger friends. The task I've proposed myself to do is to finish the top of the Oh Lollipop quilt I've started last week.

First me and my daughter tried a couple of different ways to assemble all the blocks

One Atempt


Another try
    

  Finally when we decided on the position of the blocks I used my bed as a design wall and began sewing all the blocks together








 It didn't take me too long to have all the blocks sewn together.

Now on to the border... I  had cut and sewn all the squares during the week so it was easy to add the first and the second border





And then the real work began. I had to cut and fuse 40 tiny circles to go on the light squares of the border



 I managed to fused them all but it was getting late and I was very tired so I decided to stop and go to sleep.
 As soon as possible I'll blanket stitch all over the 40 squares and the top will be complete, but this photo is a good sample of how the finished top will look like...




I'm so sorry for the poor quality of the photos but the lighting and my lack of experience didn't help much ( the quality of the photographer didn't help either) LOL!

15 comments:

Cheryl said...

Sounds like a productive Friday night sew in. Darling quilt! All those circles!!

Joanne said...

Beautiful quilt! So many circles!♥

Unknown said...

Hi!
that's a very beautiful quilt. I like all that circles!

Sonya Badgley said...

Hi Teresa!
Thanks for becoming a follower, entering my giveaway and putting my blog button on your side-bar!
Good luck on my drawing! :)
Your quilt is beautiful!
Blessings,
Sonya

Impera Magna said...

Wow... you got a LOT done last night! And all those circles! Love the quilt...

Angie said...

Great job with your FNSI. Very fun quiilt.

Angie said...

Fantastic!!! I am always scared of circles. ;)

The 4 Bushel Farmgal said...

It was a VERY productive night for you! I love your quilt. The circles in the border really look great.

pinsandneedles said...

Very nice quilt! Great job with the layout and the border! What fun!

Cheryll said...

What a beautiful quilt Teresa. It's wonderful! I love the extra circles on the border... they are just perfect too! Well done!

Kirsten said...

Teresa, that is one beautiful cheerful quilt. I love all the circles. Great job!

Brenda said...

This is wonderful! I love how it is turning out.

Vicki said...

You got so much done in one night. You're quilt is beautiful

Linda in Calif. said...

This is really cute/pretty! So fun! I really like the second lay out better - I'm glad that's the way you choose to put it together. You really got a lot done. Way to go!!!

Carrie P. said...

Fabulous quilt. I love all the circles. Thanks for coming by my blog with birthday wishes. for some reason your comment did not come to my email so I am glad I checked the comment box to read them all.