Wednesday 15 February 2012

WIP WEDNESDAY - Hand quilting and stitching

This week has been dedicated to hand quilting and stitching. It's the best kind of craft to do in the cold evenings while I watch a little TV.

  I'm hand quilting this table topper. I love these fabrics, this line is Buttercup from Fig Tree. My stitches are still a bit crocked  but I'm getting more consistency as long as I continue the work.

 I finally decided I'd stitch the four sashing corners of my Valentine's mini quilt.

      I've only stitched one corner yet. I'll try to finish it this week-end.

To find more about our works in progress just kink up with Lee at Freshly Pieced.

9 comments:

Josie McRazie said...

I think the four corners are just enough! PERFECT!!

Miss Beau Jangles said...

I love you choice of fabrics, beautiful!

Sewfrench said...

I love the Fig Tree fabrics! And your quilting looks just perfect to me!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Both projects are just beautiful...

Fiona said...

Lovely projects.... hand quilting is so pretty and soft...
Hugz

Letterpress said...

I'm working on my Valentine's quilt as well, but I love the extra touch of the embroidery in the corners of your mini quilt. And the hexagon quilt is lovely as well--so nice!

Elizabeth E.
opquilt.com

Abby said...

Love both of these projects. The fabrics are gorgeous! What are the patterns?

Wendy said...

Both projects are so beautiful, I love them both. I love the look of the hand quilting and the stitching ont he hear quilt is lovely.

Miss Hillbilly said...

This is so cute! And wow you've alot of sponsors, congrats! I don't know how you manage that.