Sunday 13 May 2012

New fabrics...new project

My fabric has finally arrived...Yeah!!!
20 gorgeous Fat Quarters, 10 from Hello Luscious by Basic Grey and 10 from Good fortune by Kate Spain both from Moda fabrics.


The fabric lines are wonderful and they blend perfectly. I couldn't be happier. At last I can begin my new project. My double Wedding Ring quilt. This past weeks i've been searching through the net and asked a couple of blogger friends about the best method or pattern to make such a quilt. I don't know if I chose the best or the fastest way but I'm going to use the paper piecing method. I gave it a try last week and it wasn't a bad experience so today I dug into it.
 I cut the pieces and began sewing the arches, I'm going to make two different sets ( or more if the fabric isn't enough)
 Just to be on the safe side sure I sewed a melon and the results were pretty good, my seams matched and the curved piecing wasn't that hard
I think I'm gonna be busy for the next weeks or... should I say months!!!

5 comments:

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Oh how neat is that fabric and they do go well together--and I love your first oval there--looks like some awesome stitching tooooo--way to go!!
Hugs, di and miss gracie

Cheryll said...

The fabric choice is StuNNinG. Look forward to this beauty! :)

Quilting By Celia said...

Its such fun to get new fabrics !!! Looking forward to see your progress...

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Beautiful fabrics! I look forward to seeing your progress on the Wedding Ring quilt.

Shirley said...

You make such beautiful fabric choices! Just waiting to try the Wedding Ring Quilt. Love to know where you found the info on paper piecing this quilt pattern.

I always enjoy checking out your newest creations. You give me excellent new choices to try. Thanks so much for sharing!

Shirley
Florissant, Mo.
USA