Friday 18 May 2012

Spring 2012 - Bloggers Quilt Festival

Today is the first day of the bloggers Quilt Festival. Amy's Creative Side is hosting this Festival to give the opportunity to those who can't attend Quilt Market, to share their quilts.Link up and share your quilt,too.


MY ENTRY FOR THE BLOGGER'S SPRING 2012 QUILT FESTIVAL - SWEET SUMMER COTTAGE QUILT


Last Summer I began sewing hexies without knowing exactly what I was going to do. At first I though about doing the Vignette in Stitches Hexie quilt but then I found, from a friend blogger tip, a wonderful pattern al Quiltmania Magazine. It was called Aunt Sarah Quilt. I loved it. Of course I have to make some alterations (as usual), so Aunt Sarah turned out to be my Sweet Summer Cottage quilt.
The quilt top has about 540 hand sewn 1" hexagons. The border was sewn by machine.And the applique,too.



19 comments:

maria said...

Hi there, your quilt is really pretty.Well done for making so many tiny hexies. x

Cheryll said...

This quilt is WonDerFuL! I can imagine coming out of the cottage on a bright sunny morning and admiring the flowers! :)

Queenie Believe said...

Sweet Summer Cottage, the perfect name for this wonderful quilt. Love it!!!
Have a great day.
Always, Queenie

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I agree, Sweet Summer Cottage IS the perfect name - just lovely and thank you dor sharing.

CitricSugar said...

Very sweet, indeed!

Karen said...

Totally adorable! I'm a bit scared to try my hand at hexi's.....maybe next year :) Love love love this!!!

Carolina22 said...

Your quilt is amazing!! I love the sweet house in the center and agree with the others that the name IS perfect :)

Diane said...

This quilt is SO fun! I love it!

Lucy | Charm About You said...

oohh it's so pretty! The hexies are incredible and the house is so cute. I only recently started hand piecing and I love it :)

Angie in SoCal said...

What a great use of hexies!! Love your cottage block. A great quilt to share. Thank you.

Angie in SoCal said...

What a great use of hexies!! Love your cottage block. A great quilt to share. Thank you.

Patty said...

Beautiful. I've been wanting to start hexagons and this quilt would inspire me to do so.

AliceAndFlorence said...

Your quilt is so beautiful. I want to live in the cottage !

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Oh it's wonderful Teresa! I love it!

Anonymous said...

This is so sweet!

Quilterbell said...

It is a very pretty quilt! well done!.

Nana said...

This is so charming! I love it!

Sarcastic Quilter said...

very pretty

Eileen said...

very nice! love all of it! thanks for sharing and have a great day