Wednesday 17 September 2014

I love quilting because...and a big challenge


Hi, September is National Sewing & Quilting Month. I decided to join Fat Quarter Shop and celebrate this month with all my blogger friends.
They invited bloggers to share their stories and to make a new project they had never tried before.
They also asked me to finish the sentence I love quilting because...



Yes, quilting is my therapy, it always makes me feel better even when things aren't at its best.

  When it comes to creative sewing and quilting, I’ve just about done it all.  But, I will say that working with something other than quilting cotton is definitely outside of my comfort zone.  The challenge I gave myself was to make  a piece of clothing.  I've always been very afraid to make clothes but this time I gave it a try.  Well, I’m so glad I did!   So that was also my challenge, to make a Kimono out of a rectangular piece of fabric.  Here is my first attempt sewing a garment.






Also to celebrate the National Sewing and Quilting month, Fat Quarter Shop also released a new and totally Free quilt project. It's called Color of my Heart Quilt Pattern



Unfortunately I hadn't enough time to make mine and show it to you on this post but I will make it, that's for sure.
Thank you Fat quarter Shop for this opportunity to participate and show my love for sewing and quilting!


No comments: